Welcome to Decadent Mind!
If you have already played another online riddle (Notpr0n
, RNS Riddle
, Neutral Riddle
, Cipher: Crack the Code
, to name a few), then you already know how this is done. If you are new, a bag of treats for you follows. Mind you: the levels were created/tested with the following tools, therefore I'd strongly suggest you use these too:
- Hit Ctrl + U to view the page source and get those juicy clues.
- Image editors: Pixlr, GIMP
- EXIF data viewers: Jeffrey's Image Metadata Viewer , enigmatics EXIF tool, metadata2go
- Useful candy: Dcode, Geocaching Toolbox, CyberChef, Andy's Anagram Solver, Anagram Solver (even with names), TinEye
- Greek to English Translator and back
- Of course, Google and its lovely tools (Translator - where you can also use a virtual keyboard or handwrite what you need, Image Search). Its necessity is not hinted at on almost any level. If there’s anything you do not recognize yourself, turn to our friend. In Google we trust!
Now, this is just a starter pack. There are several similar tools that you can find online. If one doesn’t work, the next might. Or not. In that case, you probably got the wrong idea.
Oh! A couple of things more:
- The “riddle” -or whatever this is- is not linear. One level does not lead to the next. You can click on whichever one you want from the list, give it a spin and, if no juice, you can move on to the next and come back to it later. Also, the levels are not cataloged according to difficulty. They are in order of conception. Lastly, do not try to make sense of the titles in the list. In no way are they meant as hints. However, there are numerous confirmation eggs, so it never hurts to try something out.
- On several occasions, you may be required to find additional files on a level. Usually, the needed change is hinted at but there’s generally no harm in trying to change the file name (eg. from A.docx to B.docx), its extension (eg. from A.txt to A.xlsx) and in case you are bored with transcribing, I got you, fam! Sometimes.
- Only lower-case letters, digits, dashes (-) and underscores (_) are accepted on the URL. At times, entries might not form sensical things or real words, but you gotta do what you gotta do to solve, right?
- There are some secret (sub)levels among the “surface” ones. As such, there is little to no indication pertaining to their location or method of discovery.
- Sometimes opening the level image on a new tab helps by providing a larger view of it.
- If you come across an issue or a mistake, from a spelling to a technical one, let me know. [Discord: AlessaMason#6582, email: alessamason6582 -at- hotmail.com]
- Discord server: Decadent Mind - the riddle
P.S. Cheating is no fun. It’s up to you, though. I’m not your mom. (Thankfully!)